These are the homesteading blogs I read.
If you know of some others worth adding please use the comments field at the bottom of the page.
My Personal Homesteading Blog Subscriptions:
The Walden Effect – Mark and Anna, my favorite homesteading couple, blog about everything from trailorsteading and running a micro-business to chicken waterers and mulch.
Tiny House Family – Hari and Karl share their adventures in tiny-house living here in Floyd, VA.
Carpe Diem Acreage – The chronicle of a family who has built a new green home and are trying to live a greener and healthier lifestyle.
Animal Escapades – The blog for Leaping Lamb Farm, a 40 acre homestead nestled in Oregon and home to the U-Latch inventors.
Achorn Farm – A family blog about farming in Maine
Applegarth Gardens – Musings on life in the garden, sustainable living, cooking, raising children and living “the good life” in Northwest Washington.
City Boy Starts Farming – What happens when a city boy buys some land and starts living in the country.
Fast Grow the Weeds – The journal of an organic garden in SW Michigan.
For Better or Worsted – The knitting, baking, gardening, remove-yourself-from-industrial-food blog.
Going to the Country – Shaun and Amy Jones’s blog about simple living.
The Happy Homesteader – A Mother Earth News blog about homesteading.
The Field Lab – The Southwest Texas alternative energy and sustainable living field laboratory
Living the Good Life Blog – The musings of Living the Good Life author and Australian renegade homesteader Linda Cockburn.
Lost on Dragonfly Farm – One family’s attempt to “get thru this thing called life as stress free as they can and with as much laughter as possible”.
Tiny Farm Blog – Organic micro-farming with two acres and some tools.
Mud on the Tracks – In which your typical suburban family with rural aspirations makes it happen.
Walnut Spinney – Striving for self-sufficiency in a modern world with a homeschooling family of three and a mom who would love to have more spare time to indulge in spinning, knitting, weaving or reading.
Throwback at Trapper Creek – A diary, of sorts, to chronicle the similarities and differences of homesteading on a 1881 farm, in present day.
Seldom Seen Acres – Recipes, simple living and seldom seen acres.
Prairie Roots Blog – Practicing permanence on the great plains of South Dakota.
The Quince Urban Homestead – The story of an urban family as they try to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
That does it for MY list of morning coffee reads. What’s YOUR favorite homesteading blog?
Below is a list of resources for those interested in sustainable farming. Whether you have an organic suburban garden, urban homestead, small-scale farm or a large agriculture venture, we hope these links will be of use to you.
Sustainable Agriculture & Small-Scale Farming:
- Sustainable Farmer Magazine (Online publication for organic farmers)
- Applegarth Gardens (Musings on life & sustainable living in Northwest Washington)
- The Tiny Farm Blog (Daily life on a small organic farm)
- Farmer Ron’s Farm (A “city boy” starts farming)
- The Beginning Farmer (A new farmer’s blog)
- BackYard Hive (Resource and store for backyard beekeepers)
- CountrySide and Small Stock Journal (Great magazine for small-scale farms)
- Blue Ridge Country Magazine (Lots of info on rural living in the Blue Ridge mountains)
Urban Homesteading & Suburban Gardening
- Quince Urban Homestead (The Quince family’s blog about urban homesteading)
- Living the Good Life (From the Cockburn family in Australia)
- EcobusinessLinks Green Directory (Find organic gardening stores online)
- Mountain House Freeze-Dried Food
- Backyard Chicken Coop Designs